Saturday 10 March 2007

A passing gesture to saving the environment



While the least said about last week the better rule still applies, I thought I'd attach my entry to the Cannes Lions Young Creative Competition, done with a talented young writer named Tom, in part of the mess that was last week.

We needed to use the medium of press (newspapers) in an innovative and interesting way to communicate that a company of our choice supported Earth Hour. Earth Hour is a fantastic joint initiative between the WWF and Fairfax, where they're getting Sydney to turn its lights off for one hour on the last Saturday in March to put out a message to the world about fighting global warming. I'm hoping it'll be big (and dark). Some huge corporations are already on board, and the big landmarks, like the opera house, harbour bridge and ANZAC bridge.

Anyway, without further ado, here were Tom's and my contributions. If you click on the images you can view them full size.

2 comments:

Miss Slough 2007 said...

I love it! Will it marry me? And do I know who Tom is?

vonwoof said...

Tom is a writer I found (wierdly enough) through publishing a "singles" ad on Campaign Brief. I needed a non-ancient writer to enter the comp...