Tuesday 6 March 2007

Inspired signage, inspired by Miss Slough 2007


Miss Slough just posted a "no fouling" sign on her blog. I agree - they're mighty special things.

There was a most brilliant bit of signage in Kings Cross a few weeks ago, but sadly it was removed before I could photograph it. Right next to the El Alamein Fountain is one of those brilliant touristy directional signs. The one that reads: New York 15768km Moscow 13600km etc. Well, some inspired person from Sydney City Council added an extra arrow sign which read: Toilets.

A bonus was that it pointed directly into the fountain. Only in Kings Cross.

Indeed, only in Kings Cross... The other night, a guy died of a drug overdose on the footpath in front of me. And I don't exaggerate either. I arrived at the spot at the same time as three policemen, who checked his pulse and said "he's dead". Sad.

No comments: