Friday 2 March 2007

2HAY FM 92.1 Stereo - My favourite NSW rural station


I'm still in a transitional period with the whole dominatrix gig. So my alternate Adult Service gig remains being an advertising art director.

And honestly, who could ask for a cooler job? Today I devoted myself to ringing a cross-section of the 96 NSW radio stations who were dispatched our Australia Day radio spots. Read: Ringing Bumblefuck FM down echoing and often disconnected phone lines x 90. Just to see if anyone actually played it. Futile.

But of course, really it was rewarding. My personal favourite? 2HAY FM who make the bold advertising claim:
"Broadcasting to over 4000 listeners
South to Wanganella
North to Booligal
West to Maude
East to Carrathool and Beyond"

Wanganella? Booligal? You honestly can't script that stuff. And as for "West to Maude". Isn't that just waiting to be turned into the next Thelma and Louise cum Hitchcockian thriller?

I can just see me pitching it to the studio executives:

"West to Maude. An action-packed thriller where, following the accidental milking machine decapitation of a local politician, a man and his niece/wife must smuggle the headless corpse across the state line to Maude on a three-wheeled combine harvester pursued by emus and with the added complication of Ernie Dingo hitching a ride as far as Booligal, who just plain irritates the hell out of them. A true journey of self discovery."

I think it'll be big.

But not as big as the PR frenzy soon to be created by the press ad I'm doing for a local public transport body, who feel that the caricature that they commissioned of a Sikh bus driver "lacks realism and looks a little too multicultural". Hmmm. I'm sure they'd lose their uncertainties if I beat them with a leather belt.

Roll on 5:30pm, hey?

No comments: